Friday, June 02, 2006

The Pace Lap

An Introduction:

I love NASCAR, and have since I was a young child. I enjoy other forms of motorsports, but NASCAR will forever be my first love. I've been an avid fan since 1992. I still remember uncanny details from that season. I remember Davey Allison racing against Morgan Shepherd for the Daytona 500. I remember Bill Elliott's 4 in a row. I remember going to the race at Sears Point. I remember Richard Petty's last season. I remember that down-to the wire closer between Bill Elliott (my favorite) and the Underbird of Alan Kulwicki. I was 7 years old at the time, and I've been hooked ever since.

I'm not exactly the stereotypical NASCAR fan, and most of my friends just look at me weird whenever I bring up the subject. I can go on for hours about it though. I once did a high school research paper on the history of NASCAR, just so I could show clips of a race for my presentation in class. Since I have few people to share it with, this will be my outlet for commentary on past races, what's going on, speculation about the future, and any other motor racing related info that catches my attention.

No comments: